Sunday, May 17, 2009

In the House

We spend our lives in two stages: you are either sleeping or you are awake. If you are sleeping, you are passing through some psychological realm people still don’t completely understand. If you’re awake though, you’re doing one of two things: doing something or not doing something.

If you’re doing something, you either like it or you don’t.
If you like it, you could either keep doing it or not keep doing it.
If you don’t like it, you could stop doing it, do something else or do nothing at all.

If you end up doing nothing at all, you either like it or you don’t.
If you like it, you could continue doing nothing. Or if you don’t, you could do something. Then you be back where we started.

The point is that there is no point. Unless you count keeping a conscious meter of how happy you are gauged by the things you do, as a point. I would count that as a point. Or I guess I should say, that is what I do when I’m awake, which may be something or nothing depending on who you ask, but I guess you’re asking me because you’re reading this. Either that or you’re just being nice.

No comments: